Below are basic steps used to Clear the Error 99.05.56 from HP CP5525 printers. these are also the same steps to do a full firmware reload on a CP5525 printer.
- USB Thumb drive MUST be formatted FAT32
- USB Thumb drive must NOT be bootable. – this can be confirmed by doing a CLEAN using Diskpart.
- Run Diskpart from command prompt.
- List disk
- Select Disk X – Where X is the number of the USB Disk
Step 1:Perform a clean disk from the preboot menu.
- Turn the printer on.
- When the Ready, Data, and Attention LEDs are illuminated solid, press the Stop button.
- Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administration , and then press the OK button.
- Press the Down arrow button to highlight Clean Disk , and then press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again.
Step 2: Reload latest version of firmware via USB Thumb drive.
- You have to remove the “Walk Up” usb cover on the control panel.(Located below)
- Insert the USB thumb drive
- Select option 1 (Download) press Ok.
- Scroll down to the USB Thumb drive menu and press OK.
- Select the .bdl file on your USB Thumb drive and press OK
- The firmware file will start to copy over to the drive and then will complete.
- Press the Back button until you see the Continue menu and press OK.
- The printer should boot to the Ready state.
***If a message appears – No USB Thumb drive files found , you may need to remove the Formatter board and connect your Thumb drive to the external USB connection.